Python Developer - Quant Hedge Fund.
One of the world's most successful hedge funds are expanding their systematic trading technology function, hiring multiple software engineers.
The organization has billions of assets under management and offices globally, however, maintains a tight-knit, collaborative culture where technology is at the heart of what they do
The ideal candidate will reciprocate the businesses values and have a genuine want to be part of their journey. This role will need someone who has experience with Python development, an interest in finance and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience coding in Python
- Working knowledge of Python data libraries such as Pandas or Numpy
- Experience of data modelling
- 2 years+ experience in a Software/Data Engineering role
- Experience working with some form of financial Derivatives is desirable
- Previous experience working for an Exchange or with Order Management Systems is desirable
- Strong knowledge of multiple databases including Oracle, MySQL, and MS-SQL Sever will be a great advantage
- Knowledge of the FIX Protocol would be beneficial
- Build robust, scalable Python code
- Take ownership of key data and backend components of a greenfield trading platform, working autonomously with the trust and support of your leaders and peers
- Make key contributions to overall systems and data architecture within a distributed computing environment