Referment is working with a London based hedge fund who have an exciting new role available in their database team. The team is looking for an experienced database engineer to come in and build a new open source database platform using Python, Jenkins and Yugabyte. Working in a small and high performing team, the successful Database Reliability Engineer will be working on a number of high profile projects whilst also supporting existing database environment that supports their hedge fund business globally.
To be considered a good fit for this role, the successful applicant should have a strong background in SQL Server database administration and Powershell for automation, combined with recent development experience using Python, PostgreSQL and Jenkins (or similar DevOps tools). Any experience building cloud native data platforms for leading financial institutions is highly desirable.
This is a chance to join a leading hedge fund where there will be many exciting projects for this person to be involved with. You will get to work with cutting edge technologies and alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL/Yugabyte
- Strong understanding of database administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Extensive development experience with Powershell, Python, C# or similar
- Experience building cloud native database platforms and their database services (eg Snowflake)
- In depth knowledge of configuration management and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Octopus and TeamCity.
- Exposure to Kubernetes/Openshift (desirable)